Are Low Voltage Under Cabinet Lights Safe?

Yes, low voltage under cabinet lights are generally considered safe. Because they operate at a lower voltage, the risk of electrical shock is significantly reduced compared to standard lighting fixtures. This makes them a safe choice for areas where water may be present, such as kitchens and bathrooms.

However, like any electrical device, low voltage under cabinet lights should be installed and used properly to ensure safety. This includes using a transformer to reduce the voltage, installing the lights according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and not overloading your home’s electrical circuits.

If you’re not comfortable working with electricity, it’s a good idea to hire a professional to install your low voltage under cabinet lights. A licensed electrician can ensure the lights are installed safely and correctly, giving you peace of mind.